Mothers, how do we do it? I seem so overwhelmed. It is one of those days where we get up after a restless night to wonder how in the world do I ever get anything done. Here is 2 pm and my house is still a mess. I have been chasing runny noses all morning and I barely get the breakfast dishes off the table in time for lunch. The clothes are patiently waiting on the couch for me to finish folding them. I did managed to get the kids to pick up all the toys out of the living room and finally match up all the DVDs with the cases. And I said I am not dusting until Jared finishes the repair work on the wall but I will attempt to vacuum today. It seems like a never ending battle.
At least the weather outside is nice today although I feel I will never go out to enjoy it if I keep trying to get all the household chores done today. Then I realize that it has been way to quiet in the house for too long. I step out my bedroom doors onto the deck to see the boys and Kaibree pouring water in the sand where the swimming pool use to sit. Well at least they are having fun and are out of the house for a while. What about Emy? Then I see her, stark naked. I know she had clothes on when she went outside. "Emy, where is your diaper?" She smiles with those deep dimples, flutters her eyelashes and points to it lying on the concrete. "Emy, where are your pants?" and she points to them too. Oh well she is already muddy and it is a good thing we live out in the middle of farm fields becuase I let her play until she is finished and throw her into the bathtub.
The mess that four children can make keep me running all day long and I wonder if there will ever be a time that you come to my house and it is well cleaned, everything in its place, dinner cooking and I have perfectly behaved children. I doubt it so enjoy my home as it is and let my children put a smile on your face because it is only a short time in our life and thank you little Lacy in heaven for helping me try to enjoy every moment of it.
9 years ago
1 comment:
I am feeling you on this one for sure!!
Post a Comment